Can you answer these Questions about the Live Nation contract with SPAC?
– what is the base ‘guarantee dollar amount’ SPAC gets per year? (Is it $1 million or $750 thousand or ?????)
– does this base dollar amount stay the same or will it change over the life of the contract?
– Does SPAC GET ANY OF THE PROFITS from the Live Nation shows?
At the Annual Membership Meeting this year, we got the minutes from the previous year (2011). The Minutes state (something like this) ‘John Negro explains about the the new Live Nation Contract.’ And that’s it as far as the minutes go – The topic ends there and the minutes move on to another subject. Draw your own conclusions but this tells the membership nothing. And there is a reason for that.
The information out on the Save the Ballet blog might help you answer some of these Live Nation / Special Events questions.
Under – July 14 – Deja Vu Presentation of SAVE OUR SPAC (S.O.S.) pages 24-31 cover what used to be called Special Events. Pieces to the puzzle here.
Under July 9 – ‘SPAC Financial Overview 2008-2011’ (this info was handed at this years annual membership meeting) the LIVE NATION RENT listed as:
– 2008 = $1,064,383 (old contract)
– 2009 = $1,192,200 (old contract)
– 2010 = $968,904
– 2011 = $834,583
So – Why are we even having these SPECIAL EVENTS?
THEY WERE STARTED TO SUPPORT THE CLASSICAL PROGRAMS AND NOW THEY ARE STRANGLING THEM OUT OF EXISTENCE.
The whole thing is now backwards. And that’s what wrong in a nutshell.
Please help correct this.